Saturday, November 13, 2010

Good times

Before I get started on a side note, I just wanted to say that I'm relieved to find out that my mom is fine.  They are pretty sure that she's just having an allergic reaction of some kind and that is why her throat has become swollen.  The doctor said she didn't see anything that looked like a growth of any kind, so she is very confident there is nothing seriously wrong.  They did order some blood work to be done just to make sure, but we're all feeling relief at this point.  It's so amazing how something can send you into panic mode and then turn out to be nothing at all.  It just really gets you thinking when something could potentially be wrong I guess, and that's what starts your brain working into all these scary scenarios.  My mom and I were talking about all of that after her appointment.  We were just saying how scary it is that things can be going so well for some people, and then something happens to change all of that.  It just really got me thinking, and helps you remember how short life on this earth actually is, and how we need to remember to spend our time wisely, and be with our loved ones.
"True friends are always together in spirit"
Anne of Green Gables


Thursday night I got some time away from the kids (thank goodness) and got to go out and get a yogurt with two of my good friends Kisha and Shalene.  Shalene is probably my best friend outside of my sister, and though Kisha and I haven't seen each other in awhile, we were good friends for a long time, and it's always good to see her.  We went out to get a frozen yogurt at good old MFY and just sat and talked for several hours.  We had such a good time we didn't want it to end so we ended up back at my house for another three hours and sat talking until 2:00 AM!!  That was the latest I'd been up in a long time, and it was just so good to sit and talk with girlfriends.  We talked a lot about how fast time had gone by and just fun memories.  It was nice to get out of the "mommy" mode and be myself with people that know me well, other than my husband.  Of course we did end up talking about our kids too, I think that's inevitable when they take up 99% of our lives, and it was fun to compare situations with each other and give advice too.  


It's so fun and weird at the same time to think that 12 years ago we were just hanging out doing our own thing not really knowing where our lives would lead us, and here we are again still friends and in such different places in life than we were back then.  It's just amazing how fast life goes.  I still find it so hard to believe that I started high school over 16 years ago!!!!  Shalene said something that I can totally relate to the other night.  She said I know I'm 31 years old, but I still feel and act like I'm 19.  I feel the same exact way.  I guess that's not a bad thing, it's just weird.  I remember being at girls' camp last year as a stake leader, and thinking man I don't feel like I'm that much older than these girls, but of course I am!!  I just remember being that age like it was yesterday, and really still feel like it wasn't that long ago when it actually was!!  Is that ever going to change, or will I always feel like this?  


Right now I'm battling a really bad cold, so for the past two days I haven't gotten out of my pajamas.  I'm sitting here on the couch while Ethan watches Elmo in Grouchland and David is napping surrounded by balled up Kleenex, smelling like Vicks because it is slathered underneath my nose wishing I could just lay down and sleep for the entire day.  Of course that's not going to happen.  Kris had to work today and won't be home until 5:00 or 6:00 so I'm on Mom Duty.  Business as usual right?  Poor Ethan, this is my second day of being sick, so he's probably getting cabin fever from being inside.  I guess he'll get more candy at lunch to make up for it!  Does that make me a bad mom???  Only time can tell I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment