Monday, November 22, 2010

Life is good....

Big boy David
This past week has been a good one like usual.  It's actually been pretty low key, and we're just getting ready for the holiday coming up this week.  I can't believe that Thanksgiving is going to be here on Thursday already!!!  I swear this year has gone by three times as fast as it normally does.  The other day Kris and I were talking, and we can't believe that already David is going to be eight months in a couple weeks.  He is doing so well with his crawling and he is climbing up on everything and just starting to creep along.  It's going to be a matter of time before he's up and walking, and then I'm really screwed!!  He also is babbling so much it's crazy.  I swear he loves the sound of his own voice, almost as much as I do.  Ethan is growing like a weed too.  He just gets taller and taller.  The other day I had a full on conversation with him, and thought to myself, when did he start speaking in complete sentences???  Seriously?  I can't believe how big he is.  I'm not sure when he changed from a baby to a little boy.  It feels like it just happened overnight!!!  The worst part is is that it's going to keep going faster, and not slow down at all.  The next thing I know he'll be starting kindergarten, and I'll really be depressed!!!


My big boy
On Friday night we took Ethan to see "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" at Gammage Theater.  David stayed over at Ba's (what my kids call my mom-not sure how Ethan came up with that one) while we went.  Melissa and Jared also took Lily.  It was a lot of fun.  At first Ethan was terrified of the grinch and he wouldn't even look at the stage, but clung to Kris for dear life.  I was thinking to myself there is no way I stood in line for these tickets and he's not going to watch this!  So of course I showed him that the grinch is nice, and finally got him to turn around.  Once he got over it, he loved it!  He kept saying "The grinch is not scary no".  Lily loved it too and was dancing to all the songs.  Afterwards we ate dinner at Jimmy John's.  It was a really fun night out.


Not sure but I couldn't get a smile for the life of me!


No smile might be better than this weird goofy smile though
So it's almost time to get into the Christmas spirit over at the Ontiveros house.  I tried really hard to get Kris to want to put up the tree last night, but of course he shot me down telling me that it was way too early to put it up.  I was bummed, so I put on the movie Elf for me and Ethan to watch.  I swear that is such a funny Christmas movie, we have to watch it a million times during the season.  After the movie was over I told Ethan it was time to get ready to go mimis.  He looked up at the clock with a serious look on his face, pointed at it, and said "mom look it's half o'clock.  Not mimi time yet".  Are you joking me?  Kris and I couldn't contain ourselves and of course how could I send him to bed with that argument?
Ethan just waiting for the bird to come out so he can chase it again.
Dad and David chillin'
David wants to play with the big kids so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment